Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Moxie


TODAY'S ACTIVITIES:
  • Bead Stringing
  • Hardware Puzzles
  • Clothespins
  • Transferring/Pouring
  • Sweeping
  • Dusting
I loved the renewed vigor my son brought to school this morning. While Mondays find me almost manic, stressing about all the stuff that needs to get done--taking the trash out, refilling our drinking water jugs, folding the laundry, cleaning the floors, prepping school materials--Parker usually seems refreshed and reenergized at the start of the week. I rejoiced when school time rolled around today, happy to get out of my frenetic "multitasking mom" mode and into my "homeschooling mom" mode, completely focused (for the most part, at least) on working with my son. Chores are a bore. School is cool.

I've presented pretty much all of the practical life activities in the Montessori curriculum. I'll introduce a few more over the next two weeks or so, but for the most part we'll just keep revisiting activities. This will allow Parker plenty of time to practice and eventually master the materials. What I'll need to be wary of during this time is any boredom on Parker's part. He should be stimulated by the activities even after they're no longer new to him. We'll move forward with the curriculum when he subconsciously sends me the signal that he's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment