Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sunday Is Not (Our) Fun Day



My husband's unconventional work schedule is a big reason why homeschooling is the right choice for our family. Mike works six days a week (Thursday through Tuesday), from around 10 AM to around midnight. Because he works such long hours, waking up before 8 AM is hard for him to do. If I didn't homeschool my son (i.e., if I enrolled him in one of the schools here on island), he and Mike would only be able to spend a few hours together each week. Homeschooling allows us to be flexible, to accommodate Mike's work schedule, to make sure that Parker gets to spend as much time as possible with his hard-working dad. So Sunday is not our fun day; Wednesday is. And that's today, so I'm signing off. Family fun takes precedence over blogging.

Reading before naptime.

2 comments: