Saturday, September 11, 2010

Why I Like Paying Taxes

Grandma Betty took Parker and me to Osborn Metropark this morning. When she told me we'd be going to a park, I was expecting just some big grassy field with a playground attached. Was I ever wrong! Osborn Park is amazing: it's huge, with soccer fields, a beautiful old barn, a dog run, a public garden, a visitors center, a children's forest and the requisite playground. The children's forest astounded me. It's such a resplendent (and educational!) interactive treasure! Hooray for whoever designed it! And hooray for the tax dollars that payed for it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Once upon a time, Osborn used to have a pool as well. And a young Josh Didion taught swim lessons there and received a wonderful tan for doing very little work... those were the days....

    ReplyDelete