Monday, May 31, 2010

The Hardest Button to Button


I sewed a button hole! My very first! OK, so it doesn't look all that great, but I didn't even know it was possible to sew a button hole by hand until two days ago (thank you, wikiHow)! Hooray me!

OK, calming down now. As I mentioned earlier, one of the practical life exercises we'll be doing in our homeschool will be learning how to button, so Parker will need buttons (and button holes!) with which to practice. My mom taught me how to sew a button onto fabric ages ago, but the curious creation of button holes had always been a mysterious matter. Not anymore! Now I just need to sew about a hundred more until I've refined my technique enough to make some beautiful button holes for my son's school supplies.

Location:Prince St,Cruz Bay,US Virgin Islands

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new buttonhole...and the new (?) blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. I'm so excited that you have a blog. I will now follow you religiously. Sam will be attending a Monte daycare in the fall and I was looking around for elementary schools ... thinking about homeschooling ... really liking Monte. You will be my trailblazer. Blaze on.

    ReplyDelete